Gotta love the smell of a meme on a Monday
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Finally, it's finished, the Disney Princess mural that I've been working on for my daughter for the past 2-3 months. It's been an interesting process- I've wondered at times what I'd gotten myself into, bending around in funny angles trying to paint sections; but I'm more than happy with the result and so is my daughter.
Here's the process outlined below. Click on the pictures to enlarge.
Rather than do a more traditional wall wrap-around mural like these two here and here than further inspired me to get moving, I opted instead to paint it on my daughter's sliding wardrobe doors. I figured that they would never be obscured, so it would be a great "canvas" for a mural.
Here the doors have been painted with the base coat-
Now the artwork was enlarged to size (the two large pieces are A0 size) and positioned with the linework to be carbon transferred onto the doors-
Me starting with some of the colours. Unlike the previous mentioned murals I didn't think that placing the mural on the bottom half of the doors would result in me cramping myself onto the floor in order to paint the low sections-
More colours done-
The bulk of the colours are now painted-
The whites are now painted-
Filling in the eyes, and now ready for the black-
In order to make life easy on myself I decided to paint the linework with the surface flat-
First door in place-
Second door in place-
Ta Dah!!! All finished!-
Close on right-hand door-